Smartphones have a major role in our lives. That’s a fact. You will rarely see people leaving their house without their phones, as they often use them to perform everyday tasks.
You can use your smartphone to keep track of your schedule, pay your bills, read a book on your way to work, and sometimes even have a fun gambling session with Intertops casino bonuses.
As technology keeps improving, people spend more and more time in front of their mobile screens. According to statistics, most people spend an average of 3 hours and 15 minutes on their phones every day. At least 20% even go over the 4.5-hours limit!
Although smartphones can be helpful when it comes to completing complicated tasks, the excessive amount of time we spend on our phones can be quite harmful in some respect.
According to studies, prolonged screen time was positively associated with hyperactivity and inattention. As we get used to scrolling through social media in a matter of seconds, we develop a fast reading habit. Therefore, when people have to face a long text or a time-consuming task, they find it hard to focus for long.
But don’t worry, Google comes to the rescue! They developed a series of apps that can help you detach from your phone. Do you think you can benefit from downloading any of those apps?
All About the Digital Well-Being Experiments
Google launched a new project called “Digital Well-Being Experiments”. Essentially, every experiment is a unique app that is designed to help people find a balance with technology.
The experiments are also meant to inspire developers and designers to come up with their own ideas for well-being apps, as all the code is open-sourced. In addition to that, everyone who wants to tackle the challenge of developing an app can use Google’s Hack Pack, which is filled with relevant info and tips.
Also read: How to block text messages on Samsung
Top Well-Being Apps
Currently, there are six experiments available to the masses. Some of the apps are more original than others, and they are fit to be used in different situations. Here are a few of the more memorable apps you might find useful:
- Paper Phone – How many times have you thought to yourself that you leaving your phone behind is not an option? After all, it has everything you need to survive the day! With the help of this app, you will be able to print out a foldable version of your phone, containing anything you might need: contact information, your daily schedule, and even maps and today’s weather report. Once you have a printed document of all the info you need, you will be able to shut your phone off without worrying!
- Morph – How many times have you found yourself distracted by Twitter or Pinterest when you were in the middle of doing something important? To rectify the situation, you can use the Morph experiment. It will allow you to choose which apps appear on your screen throughout your day, removing all distractions from your screen. Different apps will appear when you’re at work, at home, or on a family trip – and you’ll be in control of that. Hopefully, once the apps are not within easy reach, you will be able to concentrate better on the task at hand.
- Post Box – The idea behind this experiment is quite simple, but it can prove to be useful if you get easily distracted by app notifications. Post Box is designed to hold off all notifications during the day, delivering them all at once whenever you see fit. You can receive the notifications up to 4 times, and the rest of the day will be spent with minimum distractions.
Spend More Time in the Real World!
Google’s digital well-being experiments are a welcomed initiative that might help us spend less time in front of screens and more time living life. Which of the apps might suit you best?
- How To Jailbreak Iphone 6 or 6s
- Can’t login to UltiPro from home
- MobiKin: The Best Assistant for Android
- Tips for Winning Money With Your Mobile Phone
- Snoopza Review – Android Phone Spy App
- Best Mobile Technology is 5G and it is in Trend in Latest Tech News
- Best FM Radio Apps For Android Without Internet 2020
- Best Hookup Apps for Android and iOS 2020
- What is a VPN?
- Avoid Falling For These Robocall Scams by Educating Yourself