LG G6 has been announced at MWC in Barcelona 2017. And already became one of the favorite flagman phone . In this guide, we will be giving you a step-by-step process on how to root your LG G6 and then install TWRP recovery in it. Rooting process is very simple and won’t take much time to complete. You will be needed to fulfill few pre-requisites and download some files which will be essential to carry out this process.
- Have the bootloader of your device unlocked.
- More than 50% battery.
- Don’t forget to take a backup of all the important data, contacts and other files.
LG USB drivers
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G6
- Setup the ADB and fastboot files on your PC using the link mentioned above.
- Download the SuperSU.zip file and copy it to your PC.
- Enable the “Developer Options” in the Settings.
- Open the Developer Options and then enable USB Debugging. Now connect your LG G6 to your PC using USB cable.
- Give the following command in the ADB and Fastboot window to reboot into Bootloader mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Download TWRP.img file and then copy it to ADB and Fastboot folder. Now give the following command to install TWRP (Use the recovery name in the place green colored text)
fastboot flash recovery recovery mane
- Now, boot your device into Android TWRP and it would be replaced with stock recovery.
- Once in TWRP, select the SuperSU zip file and then swipe to confirm installation.
- Once TWRP is installed, reboot your device
If you have any questions related to this tutorial, feel free to give us a note in comment’s section below.