LeEco Le Max 2 comes with a 5.7 inch display with 1440 × 2560 pixels which gives it PPI of around 515 pixel per inch. It is powered by quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and comes with a 32 Gb/64Gb in expandable internal storage. It has 2 ram variant 32/64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM. Le Max 2 packs a 21-megapixel primary rear camera with dual-Led flashlight and an 8-megapixel secondary front camera. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is powered by a 3100 mAh Li-ion battery. It also supports a fingerprint scanner.
So good news for all who has this phone, in this guide, you can download and install the official TWRP Recovery for LeEco Le Max 2. Here we will install latest TWRP 18.104.22.168. Download TWRP 22.214.171.124 from below and follow steps carefully. If you install TWRP on LeEco Le Max 2 you can then flash Custom Roms, Custom Kernel, Custom Mods and any zip files like xposed installer. Please carefully follow the steps to root and install TWRP on LeEco Le Max 2.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
Files Required To Root Le Max2:
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows install it on your PC.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for LeEco Le Max 2
- Download SuperSu
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LeEco Le Max 2:
- Enable USB Debugging
- To Enable USB Debugging, First of all, You need to activate Developer Option on your smartphone.
- To activate, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – To reboot, type the following Command from below in your Command window that you opened.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and usb drivers have been installed properly.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- To flash the recovery, Type the command. (Please make sure the name of TWRP image, if you renamed it to recovery.img, then after the flash recovery, type recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfull installed. Enjoy
- TO REBOOT INTO RECOVERY, TURN YOUR PHONE OFF, PRESS VOLUME UP + POWER BUTTON TOGETHER TO ENTER RECOVERY OR USE VOLUME DOWN + HOLD POWER BUTTON to boot into bootloader and then use the volume down and up button to navigate and select Recovery and press Power button to boot.
HOW TO ROOT LeEco Le Max 2 USING TWRP RECOVERY
- You may have downloaded the Super Su zip
- Now move the Super Su zip file to the root of your internal memory
- Boot your phone into recovery by by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the Super Su Zip
- Now Swipe to Install SuperSu
- Yes, Now the root must be working if you properly installed.
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have root on your LeEco Le Max 2
Hope this tutorial helped you to understood on How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery For LeEco Le Max 2. If no please leave us a note in comment’s we will try to find out more and help you.