If you visited this post i think you own a HTC Bolt smartphone. Now that you’ve landed here, to install TWRP recovery your HTC Bolt, or the HTC 10 Evo, as it’s known outside USA, we can assume that you are looking to either root it or flash custom ROMs or mods on it. Well, welcome to the world of Android modding.
This is a guide to Install latest TWRP for HTC Bolt and 10 Evo. This is a guide to Install latest TWRP 22.214.171.124 for Lenovo HTC Bolt and 10 Evo . The TWRP 126.96.36.199 Recovery has a material design, so Now you can install TWRP 3.0 for HTC Bolt and 10 Evo . Download the TWRP Recovery 188.8.131.52 for HTC Bolt and 10 Evo today and Read the steps below.
Make sure that that you must have unlocked your bootloader of your device.
How to Install TWRP on HTC Bolt/10 Evo
Step 0: Well, make sure you have unlocked bootloader of your HTC U Ultra first, before trying to install TWRP recovery or gaining root access on it.
- Get the TWRP recovery .img file from the download link above and save it to a separate folder on your PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC, You can get it by this link .
- Enable USB debugging on your device:
1. Open Settings on your device.
2. Go to About phone and tap seven times on Build number, this will enable Developer options.
3. Now go back to Settings and you’ll see Developer options there, open it.
4. Tick the USB Debugging checkbox.
- Open the folder where you saved TWRP Recovery .img file in Step 1 above.
- Now open a command window inside that folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click”on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- Connect your device to the PC. And type the following into the command window we opened in Step 5 above to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ If you get a permission dialogue on your device to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once your device boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
└ Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file, OR change your TWRP recovery filename to twrp.img and use the command above.
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot:
That’s all. TWRP recovery should be installed on your device now. To boot into the freshly installed recovery, simply issue the adb reboot recovery command from PC command line when your device boots into system.
How to Root HTC Bolt/10 Evo
Once you’ve got TWRP recovery installed on your HTC Bolt/10 Evo, you can finally root it by simply flashing the SuperSU zip. Follow the step-by-step guide below to successfully root your HTC Bolt/10 Evo.
Download SuperSU 2.79 (.zip)
- Download and transfer the SuperSU zip file from the download link above to your HTC Bolt/10 Evo’s storage.
- Boot your HTC Bolt/10 Evo into TWRP recovery.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of screen to begin the flashing process.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System option, select it.
That’s all there is to it. Your HTC Bolt/10 Evo should be rooted now. To verify, download/install any root checker app from the Play Store.