This step by step guide will take you all of the way from start to finish through the process of “rooting” your Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet.
Port of CF-autoroot for the Tab A and Tab A plus.
Supports all models.
See the link below for details:
NOTE: does not support Marshmallow.
To root MM install TWRP provided below and use Supersu.
You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.
Flash with Odin3 v3.10.6.
Flash with ODIN 3.10.7 in the AP slot.
Uncheck Auto reboot.
Load the respective file above into the AP slot and hit start.
After flashing and ODIN reports PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding POWER + HOME.
You should now see TWRP recovery.
Files You Need
1. A Windows based computer is a must for this tutorial.
2. Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer, if they aren’t already installed.
3. Download Odin to your computer. It’s the tool used to flash Samsung devices.
4. Download CF-Root to your computer. It’s the file that will root your device.
5. This should only be tried on the SM-T550 device.
6. Learn how to unlock the Developer Options menu on your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 and then enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
1. Extract files from Odin to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable and it’ll launch.
3. Click on PDA in the Odin and choose CF-Root available on your computer. It’s the extracted CF-Root file in the form of .tar and not the archive itself.
4. Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in the Odin.
5. Uncheck Repartition if it’s already checkmarked. It must be unchecked for the procedure to work.
6. Turn off your device.
7. Reboot your device into download mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
8. Hit Volume UP and you should enter the download mode.
9. Plug in your device to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and let it flash CF-Root on your device.
11. When it’s done flashing CF-Root, your device will automatically reboot.
12. You’re done!
You’ll boot up into the rooted mode on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 device.
TWRP can be found here:
- 10 Best Torrent Sites to Get E-Books for Free
- How To Jailbreak Iphone 6 or 6s
- Can’t login to UltiPro from home
- MobiKin: The Best Assistant for Android
- Tips for Winning Money With Your Mobile Phone
- Snoopza Review – Android Phone Spy App
- Best Mobile Technology is 5G and it is in Trend in Latest Tech News
- Best FM Radio Apps For Android Without Internet 2020
- Best Hookup Apps for Android and iOS 2020
- What is a VPN?