You can jailbreak iOS eleven – iOS 11.1.2 running on the iPhone of yours, iPad and iPod touch by using LiberiOS Jailbreak or maybe Electra Jailbreak tool. Both the jailbreaks are semi untethered jailbreak.
A semi untethered jailbreak is akin to an untethered jailbreak, the capability is given by it to reboot your iOS device on its own. On each shoe, the iOS device startup sequence is unmodified which boots into its original, non jailbroken state. Nevertheless, rather than having to utilize something from a laptop to re-jailbreak the iOS device once again, like a semi-tethered or tethered instances, the person can re-jailbreak the device of theirs with the assistance of an app running on the iOS device.
Electra Jailbreak toolkit is a semi-untethered jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS eleven – iOS 11.1.2 by coolstar, a famous hacker, and creator.
The original version of the Electra iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak didn’t include Cydia. Though the most recent version of Electra installs a patched version of Cydia that supports iOS eleven, therefore it helps it be much easier to put in jailbreak tweaks & apps. We suggest utilizing Electra Jailbreak. There are many jailbreak tweaks agreeable with iOS eleven – iOS 11.1.2.
Before we proceed here are some important points to note:
- Electra jailbreak toolkit supports the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2
- It does not support the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1
- It supports all iOS 11 compatible iOS devices:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 1st generation 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad
5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
- Make sure that you take a complete backup of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using iTunes.
- Ensure that your device has enough battery level for the jailbreak process to complete.
Coolstar has also provided the following points:
- An APFS snapshot is created of / so you may revert it at a later date if needed
- It is recommended to futurerestore if you have blobs before running Electra to ensure the best possible installation
- Cydia is included
- OpenSSH is running on port 22
- Electra repo added by default
- Substitute, Tweak Loader and Substrate Compatibility Layer available from Electra repo
- Many packages need to be updated for both Electra and iOS 11 (make sure they’re updated before installing as they may not work yet)
- RocketBootstrap 1.0.6 or higher is required for use on iOS 11
- Many apps, launch daemons and installation binaries are broken as they require entitlements to be added
How to Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 And Install Cydia Using Electra
Here are the 5 easy steps you can follow to jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 and install Cydia using Electra jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
Step 1: Download Electra Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor
Do not download Electra jailbreak from mirror sites, as they could include malwares.
Step 2: Install/Sideload Electra IPA using Cydia Impactor
Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer with the Lightning cable to sideload the Electra IPA file.
Launch Cydia Impactor on your computer. It will detect your iOS device. Drag the Electra jailbreak IPA file you had downloaded earlier on to its UI. Enter the Apple ID and password for your Apple Developer account when prompted, and wait for Cydia Impactor to sideload the signed app on your iOS device.
If you hit provision.cpp:168′ error while trying to sideload Electra IPA, then check our post on how to fix the issue.
Step 3: Trust Developer Profile
Once Electra jailbreak IPA is successfully sideloaded. Launch the Settings app, and navigate to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Management (in some iOS versions it may just be General > Device Management).
Tap on the entry with your Apple ID under Developer app, then tap on Trust “<your apple id>”. Tap on the Trust button. The status will change to Delete app.
Step 4: Run Jailbreak Process
Launch the Electra Jailbreak app from the Home screen, and tap Jailbreak button to start the jailbreak process. It will go through 3 stages, the second stage can take a little longer. After the second stage, your device should respring.
Step 5: Wait for Jailbreak to Complete
After some time, you should see the Home screen. If you launch the Electra app again, it should inform you that your device is “Already jailbroken”.
Congrats, your device is now jailbroken!
Cydia should also be installed on your Home screen. You should be able to launch it and install the jailbreak apps and tweaks.