Are you looking for updating your cell phone? Then here is the easiest way to update your phone with minimal efforts. The situation arises when you cant download update to your phone or downloaded update cant be installed onto your phone. In cases like this, you may use ADB sideload method to upgrade your phone by downloading the update zip file to your PC. Here are the Directions to Apply Updates from ADB sideload or Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode for your OTA upgrades done manually.
ADB sideload is a further characteristic which was added to AOSP retrieval in Jelly Bean. Install a zip applying just a single control from your PC. Most Probably ADB sideload will not be quite helpful for your average recovery Desire, but ADB sideload does act as an immense time-saver to get a ROM developer.
What is OTA update (Over-The-Air):
OTA (Over-The-Air) Has been a hot topic for the Android devices for over quite a while, and its upgrades should be deservedly introduced to the world wide web hence. This generates certainties for an individual to acquire updates for his/her apparatus unswervingly on the phone minus a physical connection of the telephone to the PC.
Thus over-the-air update is a wireless conveyance of latest Software or information to mobile phones and tablets. It similarly functions as customary for the transmission and reception of application-related information in wireless infrastructure.
Wireless carriers have exercised over-the-air Updates to install firmware and configure phones for operation in their networks. As an example, the initialization of a completely new phone necessitates an over-the-air update. As the use of these smartphones and tablets are intensifying day by day, carriers and manufacturers are focusing more on over-the-air updates for installation of new operating systems to the various devices.
Setup of OTA update can be done in two ways. One is to apply Upgrades from ADB sideload, and other is completed Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode.
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a new method included to AOSP from android jellybean version. Since v4.3 version, adb comes by default to all android phones. With the adb, one can do many tasks on your phone with just little command lines.
Applying an update to an Android phone just got easier to devs and also normal users with adb sideload method. You can push the update file with just one command.
- Stock Recovery or TWRP Recovery.
- Ota Zip File.
- Free System Space.
- Developer Options, USB Debugging Mode, must be enabled
- Adb Fastboot Tool ⇒ Download Latest Minimal ADB And Fastboot Tools.
How to apply update from adb sideload
Now that you have installed adb drivers on your Windows/Mac PC, you can easily sideload an update to your phone using the following method.
- Step1 – At first you need to download an update zip file of your phone. You can head over to XDA to find your phone’s dedicated forum and update zip file.
- Step2 – Connect your phone to your windows/Mac PC using the USB cable.
- Step3 – Rename the downloaded zip file to update.zip
- Step4 – Now, copy the update zip file to the desktop.
- Step5a – Now for windows – in the desktop shift + right click simultaneously, and select “open command window here” or “Open PowerShell here”.
- Step6b – For Mac – open terminal by pressing right click on desktop and select terminal.
- Sep7 – from command terminal, type –
- Step8 – Now, type –
adb reboot recovery
- Step9 – Once your phone is in recovery mode, select “apply update from fastboot“.
- Step10 – Now, on terminal window type-
adb sideload update.zip
- Step11 – Wait for the flashing process to complete.
Your device is now updated using ADB sideload method and you can now run updated software on your phone.
Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode
1. Download and copy OTA update’s .zip file to your Android device’s internal storage root.
2. Boot your device into recovery mode. You can boot into recovery mode by Hold Volume Up + Power Key or Volume Down + Power Key. For Samsung Devices Volume Up + Home or Bixby + Power Button.
3. After entering in recovery mode, use Volume buttons to navigate up and down amid options and Power button to select an option.
4. Select the “Apply update” or “Apply update from phone storage” option for Stock Recovery and Install Zip for TWRP Recovery.
5. Select the OTA .zip file you have conveyed in Step 1 above and install it.
6. After installation is over, select reboot from main recovery menu to successfully return to the normal working state of the device.
This was the entire guide to apply Updates from ADB sideload or Install OTA Updates Using Recovery Mode. Hope these instructions assist you well. If you consider contributing anything to this page, please feel free to write in the comment section below.
- Unwritten Rules of Jigsaw Puzzles
- iPhone Camera Not Focusing Fix
- iPhone X screen frozen and can’t turn off | How to turn off iPhone X
- What Are Some Excellent Methods to Boost Mac Performance
- Captain America – the best among slot machines for mobile devices
- Free Marvel slots with no download for mobile devices
- Broadband Jargon | Confusing Terms Explained
- Best photo overlays app
- How to block text messages on Samsung
- How Video Games Affect Behavior Students