In today’s digital age, it’s possible to track someone’s location using just their phone number. Whether you’re receiving calls from unknown numbers, curious about a device’s whereabouts (perhaps even your own), or have a list of phone numbers you wish to locate, this comprehensive guide will provide you with the necessary insights.
While there are specialized apps available for discreetly tracking a target device, the simplest method involves entering stealth mode by utilizing well-established mobile phone monitoring services and phone tracking applications. Additionally, legitimate GPS location tracking services are accessible for free, but they often require permission from the target device owner to install the tracking app. Another option is to utilize the phone’s IMEI number.
Method 1: TruePeopleSearch.com
Location tracking via a phone number can be challenging without physical access to the mobile device. Nevertheless, TruePeopleSearch.com offers an incredibly user-friendly approach and provides valuable caller ID and related information about the target phone. It’s compatible with Android devices, iOS devices, and computers.
Here’s how to use it:
- Visit TruePeopleSearch.com.
- Select “Reverse Phone” to access the phone tracking service.
- Enter the mobile phone number and press Enter (works for both mobile phones and landlines).
- Examine the provided information related to the mobile device number and select “View Details” to learn more about the person.
TruePeopleSearch can reveal various details about the individual without the need to install a monitoring app. This information includes the person’s current location (assuming tracking data is up-to-date), past and present addresses, homeowner details, potential relatives and associates, and even possible email addresses.
Method 2: SpyDialer.com
As the name suggests, SpyDialer.com offers another stealthy cell phone location tracking solution. This free website enables you to track someone’s location remotely using only their phone number. It’s particularly useful for identifying the mobile network provider or tracing someone’s location without the need for a spy app. Here’s how to use it:
- Visit SpyDialer.com.
- Enter the target phone number and select “Search.”
- Ensure that “Name Lookup” is selected on the next screen, then click “Search” again.
SpyDialer will display the current location of the cell phone number’s owner, along with information about the targeted device, such as voicemail and service provider details.
Method 3: BeenVerified.com
Unlike the previously mentioned free services, BeenVerified is a paid option. However, it provides extensive information about someone’s location, surpassing most free cell phone tracking sites. Here’s how to use it:
- Go to the BeenVerified Reverse Phone Lookup page.
- Enter the target’s phone number, then select “Search.”
- Wait for BeenVerified to detect the carrier, number type, and background information.
- Enter your email address on the next page and select “Submit.”
- Review part of the target phone owner’s name, and continue waiting while BeenVerified searches social media and conducts an online photo search.
- Check the box next to “I Agree” on the results page, then press “Continue.”
- Choose a plan to proceed, with options starting as low as $1 for a week of cell phone tracking.
BeenVerified will provide you with a comprehensive report, including previously used phone numbers, location history, home address details, and aliases associated with the phone number.
Method 4: Using the IMEI Number
Every Android and iOS device has a unique IMEI number, akin to a fingerprint. While this method is less likely to track someone’s location, it can be useful for locating a stolen phone. Here’s how to proceed:
- Dial *#06# to view your device’s IMEI number. On Android, you can also find it in Settings > About Phone.
- Although there’s limited functionality with just the IMEI number, you can contact the device’s service provider (e.g., Verizon or T-Mobile) to assist in locating the owner and potentially the phone’s location.
Alternatively, you can utilize mobile apps that support location sharing for more accurate real-time tracking. Popular options include Google Maps and Glympse.
Google Maps is an excellent choice for tracking someone’s location. It offers a robust GPS tracking system suitable for Android and iOS devices. You can also track the GPS location of a Wi-Fi-only device if location sharing is enabled.
Here’s how to share GPS location from an Android device using Google Maps:
- Open the Google Maps app (pre-installed on Android devices or available for download from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store for iOS).
- Tap your profile image at the top right of the app.
- Select “Location sharing.”
- Choose the duration for which you want to enable location tracking (15 minutes to 24 hours or continuous).
- Select a contact to share the cell phone’s location with or copy the location to the clipboard for sharing with anyone, even non-contacts.
Glympse is another excellent phone tracker app that allows others to track a cell phone’s location via a shared link. Here’s how to use it:
- Open Glympse and access the menu from the top-left.
- Choose “Share Location.”
- Select how you want to share the device’s location (e.g., copy to clipboard).
- Set a duration for the location tracker (5 minutes to 12 hours).
- Tap the send button to initiate location sharing.
These methods offer various options for tracking someone’s location by phone number, catering to different preferences and circumstances. Whether you opt for a free service like TruePeopleSearch or SpyDialer, invest in a comprehensive tool like BeenVerified, or explore IMEI-based tracking, you can leverage these techniques to find the information you need.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is it legal to track someone’s location using their phone number?
- The legality of tracking someone’s location varies by jurisdiction and the intent behind the tracking. It is typically legal if you have consent or valid reasons, such as locating a lost or stolen device. However, tracking without consent for malicious purposes may be illegal.
2. Do I need to install an app on the target device to track its location?
- While there are apps available for tracking, some methods, like using TruePeopleSearch or SpyDialer, do not require installing anything on the target device. However, these methods may have limitations in terms of accuracy and real-time tracking.
3. Can I track someone’s location without their knowledge?
- Some methods, like TruePeopleSearch and SpyDialer, can be used without the target person’s knowledge. However, tracking someone without their consent may raise ethical and legal concerns.
4. What is the IMEI number, and how does it work for tracking?
- The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is a unique identifier for mobile devices. While it is primarily used for device identification and security, it can also assist in tracking a device’s location, especially if reported as stolen to the service provider.
5. Are there any risks associated with tracking someone’s location using these methods?
- Yes, there are potential risks, including privacy concerns and legal implications. It’s crucial to use such tracking methods responsibly and ensure you have the necessary permissions or valid reasons for tracking.
6. Can I track the location of both Android and iOS devices using these methods?
- Yes, many of the methods mentioned in this guide work for both Android and iOS devices. However, the specific steps and capabilities may vary depending on the device and tracking service used.
7. Are there any limitations to location tracking using a phone number?
- Location tracking using a phone number may have limitations, such as the need for the target device to be online and the accuracy of the location data. Additionally, some methods may require the target’s consent.
8. What information can I obtain through BeenVerified’s paid service?
- BeenVerified’s paid service provides a comprehensive report, including details such as previously used phone numbers, location history, home address information, and aliases associated with the phone number.
9. Is there any way to track a device’s location in real time using these methods?
- Some methods, like Google Maps and dedicated tracking apps, offer real-time location tracking if the target device enables location sharing. However, real-time tracking may be subject to limitations and permissions.
10. Are there any legal or ethical considerations when tracking someone’s location? – Yes, there are important legal and ethical considerations when tracking someone’s location. It’s essential to respect privacy rights, obtain necessary permissions, and use tracking methods responsibly and within the bounds of the law.