The way to Jailbreak Iphone 6: Jailbreaking is an indispensable part of this iOS experience for all. For others, it is unknown and dangerous. Happily, for those new to jailbreaking, there are a large number of ways to do it. Using tools like Yalu102 and zJailbreak, jailbreaking isn’t just faster than ever but also simpler. Whether you are a hardened veteran of jailbreaking, or this is your first time trying it, this guide can allow you to jailbreak your own iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
It helps users to install jailbreak programs, themes and tweaks from Cydia to personalize the appearance and feel of their apparatus, and also improve the functionality.
Also read: iPhone Won’t Turn On Or Charge?
What You Should Do Before Jailbreaking Iphone?
Jailbreak after weighing the pros and cons: To jailbreak or not to jailbreak? That’s the question. Whether or not you have opted to jailbreak your iPhone 6/ 6s or not, don’t rush to do so before you have fully comprehended what jailbreaking is, advantages and risks of jailbreaking iPhone! You’d better not take the risk without understanding the jailbreaking process clearly. You know, your iPhone isn’t cheap.
Backup! Backup! It really can’t be emphasized enough. The jailbreaking process could clean up all your phone content and setting, make it completely like a new phone. Data loss on your phone could cost a good deal, so make sure all of your phone data was backed up successfully, such as contacts, SMS, videos, photographs, music, apps, notes, calendars, telephone logs, etc..
How to backup iPhone before jailbreaking:
- Install Syncios Data Transfer and connect your iPhone to PC.
- Launch this powerful iOS backup tool and click on the “Backup” button on the homepage.
- Select data to backup to the computer.
- A tag on the” Start Copy” button.
A jailbroken iPhone is able to provide much more functionality than the standard one. Here are some of the jailbreak benefits:
- The ability to unlock the network;
- The possibility of modifying the system files;
- The ability to install applications rejected by Apple and other applications developed by third-party companies via Cydia;
- Able to install any software for free;
- Possible customization for a device that has installed previous versions of iOS;
- Bluetooth transfer between iPhone and other devices (iPhone, iPod, PC, … any device that has Bluetooth)
The disadvantages are little. The jailbreak process is completely reversible by a simple restore in iTunes. The only real disadvantage can occur when you jailbreak your iPhone, the process crashes and sometimes you are forced to resume it or do a restore.
- The possibility of losing the warranty. However, by a simple restore process in iTunes, bring the phone to its original shape;
- Impairing the functionality, for many applications installed on Cydia. Applies when you abuse the installing software;
How To Jailbreak Iphone 6 Plus
The good news is that it is possible to jailbreak your iOS device running any version of iOS between iOS 12 – 12.1.2 using the unc0ver jailbreak, although there are a couple of caveats.
First, it doesn’t offer full support for the latest iOS devices (XS, XR, and 2018 iPad Pro) – you may be able to jailbreak the devices, but you won’t be able to install Cydia until Saurik gets around to updating Cydia for A12 devices. Here’s a full list of compatible devices at the time of writing:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6 & 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s & 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8 & 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- 2018 iPad Air
- sixth-gen iPad
Secondly, the app is tweaking the operating system of your iPhone or iPad, so there is a slight chance that it could go wrong and brick your iOS device.
With that being said, we’d recommend backing up your device before trying to follow the below instructions, and be sure to remove any iOS 12 OTA files downloaded (but not yet installed) on your iOS devices before initiating the jailbreak.
- On your iOS device, open Safari and head to ignition.fun
- Use the search bar to search for unc0ver
- Tap the Get button and then Install to download and install the app
- Head to Settings > General > Device Management, select the developer name and Trust the certificate of the app you just downloaded.
- Open the unc0ver app on your iOS device and wait for it to do its job. Your iOS device will respring several times during the process, after which you should see the Cydia app appear on your Home screen.
And that’s it! Your iOS device should now be jailbroken. If you find that the app gets stuck at the “Extracting Cydia…” step, simply reboot your device and try the process again.
If you’ve got an iPhone XS, XR or a 2018 iPad Pro and don’t care about not having access to Cydia to install the latest tweaks, you can follow the above steps and search for Chimera instead of unc0ver on the ignition. fun website. The process is largely the same but installs the less-popular Sileo package manager in place of Cydia.
Also read: iPhone Repair Hacks
How To Jailbreak Iphone 6 iOS 11
Before you start, here are some important notes:
- Start by backing up all your data to either iCloud or iTunes;
- If you have already upgraded to any version of iOS 9 from an ‘Over The Air‘ (OTA) update system you must be sure to first restore to a fresh version of iOS 9.0.2 from iTunes. Failure to do this will probably result in a jailbreak failure on your iPhone. iOS 9.0.2 is available from here;
- The latest version of iTunes installed.
- The first step is to turn off Find My iPhone on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings – iCloud – Find My iPhone – then turn off ‘Find my iPhone‘.
- Turn off Passcode and Touch ID unlock. Do this by navigating to Settings – Touch ID & Passcode, then tap on ‘Turn Passcode Off‘.
- From Settings, switch on Airplane Mode.
- Download Pangu 9 for Windows or Mac.
- Launch Pangu 9 by connecting your iPhone to your computer.
- For the jailbreak to begin, you must now click on the Start button in the center.
- Another window will open: to continue, tap on ‘Already backup‘.
- You will notice during the jailbreak process that two apps appear on the Home screen – one named WWDC and the other named Pangu. Now your iPhone will reboot automatically, after which the tool will ask that you unlock your device and turn on Airplane Mode.
- Once you have turned on Airplane Mode again you will notice that the tool continues on with the jailbreaking process.
- Now wait a short while, and it will ask you to run the Pangu app from your Home screen. Do this, and when prompted give access to Photos app.
- Wait for a moment while the jailbreak completes: you will then get a message ‘Jailbreak Completed‘ on the tool. It is now safe for you to close the Pangu app on Windows. When your terminal restarts you will notice that you now have Cydia on the Home screen.
And that’s all there is. Your iPhone is now jailbroken.
- How to Create an Effective UX/UI for Your Mobile App
- Most Essential Android Privacy Settings: Adjust Them Now
- What Is Com.lge.launcher3 | What Is The Use Of Com.lge.launcher3
- How To Implement Social Learning Strategies In eLearning
- iPhone Won’t Turn On Or Charge?
- LetMeWatchThis Review – Best Platform To Get Entertained
- Backpage Alternative Websites 2019
- 12 Best VIPLeague Alternatives
- Five Cool Apps for Killing Time in 2020
- 10 Best Torrent Sites to Get E-Books for Free