We’ve heard about the examples of successful UX/UI design agencies that generated their owners millions of dollars. Among thousands of mediocre apps, they manage to stand out with their aesthetics and functionality. Users are attracted to them like bees to honey. How can you design an app like Instagram or AirBnB for your business? Read this post to find out.
A step-by-step guide to the best UX/UI for your project
Following this guide, you will be able to create beautiful designs for your app and save both time and money.
Step 1. Determine your target audience
As a company director or project manager, you are responsible for answering these critical questions before you begin creating the application itself.
- Who is your target audience?
- What do these people like?
- What applications do they already use every day? For what?
- Think about your goals. How will you monetize the application? Which business model do you choose?
Do not start designing the application design without having decided on the answers for all these points.
Step 2. Find a reliable UX/UI designer
If you are reading this article, most likely you don’t have an in-house team of designers. Therefore, you may follow two ways:
- Hire a freelancer. Many independent professionals can present their works on Pinterest, Upwork, or Fiverr. You can find a designer for whatever budget you have. However, you need to be careful and choose a specialist whose portfolio matches your tastes and who will complete the project and not disappear in the middle of it.
- Outsource the UX/UI. It might be a more costly solution because you’re hiring a whole team, not just one designer. However, a group of experienced designers is more likely to fulfill all your needs. They have expertise in different fields and collaborate to bring the best product to the table. Check out this article for some highly rated UI/UX agencies across the world.
Another good solution would be to hire a whole team of designers, programmers, QA testers, and business analysts. In other words, outsource not just the design but the entire app development process to one company.
By hiring a company, not a freelancer, you get additional services: market analytics, research, and testing, marketing strategy development. They are a team, so they have an established business process; this will save you time compared with a set of unfamiliar freelancers.
Tip: pay attention to customer reviews and ratings. Lack of rank does not necessarily mean that the team is bad; they could have recently registered on the platform. But the risk in this case, of course, will be higher.
Step 3. Communicate the design what you want
A simple but critical point – tell your designer everything about the future application. All your thoughts about the target audience, what image you want to create, what is the monetization strategy, the design you like on other apps, how you are going to stand out among competitors, and so on. Share your inspiration and listen carefully to the feedback from the designer.
Try to agree on all points in advance. If a specialist refuses to follow the principles of “flat design” for an Android application, say goodbye and find another one. Be sure to provide the designer with all the relevant style guides used by your company. Even if they are for the web, they can come in handy while working on the application.
Also read: What Is Chocoeukor | Chocoeukor App
Step 4. Get the prototype ready
A good designer always starts with a prototype – a working model for a future application. Creates all application screens, arranges elements and establishes element relationships. Using this prototype, you can “touch” the next project, find and fix errors in its interface design. Test the prototype with friends or a focus group to see if they use the apps the way you intended.
Prototyping costs money, and it takes time, but this is a critical stage. Thanks to the prototype, you can accurately determine the cost of the application design, so that you will know exactly how much you spend. Consider InVision, it’s a perfect tool for making prototypes. There is also an opportunity to comment on the design, which is very convenient.
Step 5. Get the designs ready
When the terms and costs are agreed upon, the designer can begin to work. You will review the screens once they are available and send feedback. If you work with a freelancer, pay attention to the format in which you receive the materials. All sources must be arranged in folders by the structure of the project. Folders must have clear names so that the developer wouldn’t have to spend time decrypting ciphers. Ideally, the designer should leave comments for developers, especially in awkward places, and make a file with cutting behavior of all elements (interface guidelines, GUI).
For decades, Adobe Photoshop has been the most popular graphics program. Now Sketch is very popular, as it was created specifically for interface designers. Choose whatever instrument you like and stick with it.
Step 6. Test and deploy your application
At the end of the day, your project isn’t successful. You will have to add new functionality and introduce new features, guided by statistics and user feedback. So, choosing a designer or team to discuss the issue of further application support.
All in all
When you develop an app for your own business, you shouldn’t forget that it’s UX/UI will be the first thing that motivates the users to choose you over hundreds of other apps and companies. Apply the practical pieces of advice we gave to you to develop stunning UX/UI designs for your app.
- Unwritten Rules of Jigsaw Puzzles
- iPhone Camera Not Focusing Fix
- iPhone X screen frozen and can’t turn off | How to turn off iPhone X
- What Are Some Excellent Methods to Boost Mac Performance
- Captain America – the best among slot machines for mobile devices
- Free Marvel slots with no download for mobile devices
- Broadband Jargon | Confusing Terms Explained
- Best photo overlays app
- How to block text messages on Samsung
- How Video Games Affect Behavior Students