Messaging becomes a lot more fun and intresting when an Animated GIF’s is used in your messages. Sharing with friends funny GIF’s or comical part of a video as GIF will definitely enrich the communication. So why not use it on most used messaging app WhatsApp. So today we will show how to send gif images via WhatsApp.
How To Send animated GIF’s in WhatsApp on Android
- You can get all latest developed features like WhatsApp video call and GIF with the latest WhatsApp app which is in only still beta version.
- Launch the Google Play Store, and search for ‘WhatsApp‘. Scroll down, and tap on ‘I’m In‘ to enroll in the beta program to be able to download the latest testing build.
- Download latest version from google play.
- Launch WhatsApp, and open up a chat.
- Tap on the ‘Attach‘ button, and select ‘Gallery‘.
- Now, select a normal video file that you want to send as a GIF.
- Once selected, trim the required amount, or you can skip this step.
- You will now notice a new ‘Video’ symbol on the top right corner of the screen. If you tap it, it changes to ‘GIF’.
- Change it to GIF, and send the video file.
Sending a Live Photo as a GIF
WhatsApp also allows iOS’s Live Photos – the software’s own animated images – as GIFS, but this will only work if you’re sending it from a phone with 3D Touch, and the process is a bit fiddly.
As before, go to add a photo and find the one you want to send, but from here you must 3D Touch your live photo so it pops out, and scroll up to find “Select as GIF”.
Live Photos are supported in the iPhone 6s and 7 as well as their Plus variants, as well as in the iPhone SE. But the SE does not support 3D Touch, meaning they are unable to activate the option.