Jailbreaking – in essence, it means bypassing the locks put in place by Apple on its iPhones and iPads and thus gaining access to a large number of apps that Apple hasn’t authorized. For explanations of this and many, many more Apple-related terms, see our Apple jargon-buster encyclopedia.)
Jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad is a risky process that we can’t unreservedly recommend, but it remains popular among those who wish to install unofficial apps and tweaks on their smartphone or tablet via the Cydia marketplace. Here’s all we know about the latest iOS 11 jailbreak, along with how to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad in iOS 10.
Method 1: Jailbreak iOS 10/10.1.1 with Pangu
The first method that you can use involves Pangu and Safari. Just follow these steps:
(1) Open your phone and go to Safari.
(2) Type the address http://downloadpangu.org into your browser bar and go to this website. This is a site that will allow you to download pangu.
(3) Go to the bottom of the screen, and you should see an icon with an “up” arrow on it. Tap this icon. (If you are on an iPad, it will be at the top of the page instead.)
(4) An options menu will come up. Here, you should tap Add to Home Screen.
(5) A screen with the words “Add to Home” up top will come up. Underneath, you will see the Pangu icon. Rename it to “Pangu” and tap “Add” at the top.
(6) The Pangu icon should now be on your Home Screen. Tap it to get the latest version of Pangu.
Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1.1 using Cydia Impactor
The next method will be similar to method #1, except that we will download Cydia instead. You won’t need a computer to use this method, either. Here is what you do:
(1) Go on your phone and launch Safari.
(2) Type http://www.ios9cydia.com/ into the browser bar and go to this website.
(3) As before, go to the bottom of the screen and you should see an icon that looks like a little box with an arrow pointing up. (On your iPad it will be at the top.) Tap that icon.
(4) When your options screen comes up, tap where it says Add to Home Screen.
(5) Rename your download to “Cydia” and tap where it says Add at the top of the screen.
(6) Cydia should now be an app on your Home Screen.
(7) Tap the Cydia icon and you will get the latest jailbreak updates.
Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1.1 using TaiG
This method is roughly similar to methods #1 and #3 in that you will be using Safari to download the jailbreak software, and you don’t need a computer to do this. Simply follow these steps:
(1) Go on your phone and find the Safari icon. Tap it.
(2) In your browser bar, type this address: http://www.taigjailbreak.org/ and navigate to the site.
(3) At the bottom of the screen (or near the top, if you use an iPad), look for the icon that has a little “up” arrow on top of a box. Tap it.
(4) When the new screen comes up, tap Add to Home Screen.
(5) Rename the file that you are downloading to TaiG, then tap Add.
(6) You should now see TaiG on your Home Screen. You can tap it for the latest jailbreak updates.
Jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.3.1
iOS 11 brings hundreds of new features on iPhone and iPad as the brand new and customizable Control Center, powerful multitasking capabilities for iPad, new files app, AR experience with Arkit and much more.
With each new iteration of iOS, the operating system is more sophisticated and feature-rich, makes jailbreaking less exciting. But we suspect that you are here because you have iOS 11 Jailbreak it for many reasons.
How to Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1?
There is currently no jailbreak available for iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2.2, iOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.3 and iOS 11.3.1. However, Chinese security researchers and hackers, Min Zheng aka SparkZheng andQixun Zhao, have both published videos to demonstrate that they have successfully jailbroken iOS 11.3.1. It is a matter of time for the iOS 11.3.1 jailbreak to be released.
How to Jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2?
You can jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 running on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using LiberiOS Jailbreak or Electra Jailbreak tool. Both the jailbreaks are semi-untethered jailbreak.
A semi-untethered jailbreak is similar to an untethered jailbreak, it gives the ability to reboot your iOS device on its own. On each boot, the iOS device startup sequence is unmodified and it boots into its original, non-jailbroken state. However, instead of needing to use a tool from a computer to re-jailbreak the iOS device again, like a tethered or semi-tethered cases, the user can re-jailbreak their device with the help of an app running on the iOS device.
LiberiOS Jailbreak is a semi-untethered jailbreak developed by hacker Jonathan Levin. It makes use the async_wait exploit released by Ian Beer. It was the first jailbreak released for iOS 11, iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
Currently, Cydia is not included so it won’t be that easy to install the jailbreak apps and tweaks. Cydia Substrate needs to be also updated for iOS 11 by saurik, so most jailbreak tweaks may not work currently. We recommend using Electra Jailbreak.
- LiberOS supports the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3
- iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2
- It does not support the following iOS 11 versions:
- iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1
- It supports all iOS 11 compatible iOS devices:
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 2nd generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 1st generation 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad
5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6G
- Currently Cydia is not included so it won’t be that easy to install the jailbreak apps and tweaks. Avoid installing Cydia from unknown sources.
- Cydia Substrate needs to be also updated for iOS 11 by saurik, so many jailbreak tweaks may not work.
- The jailbreak is semi-tethered, similar to the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.3.3 and Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10 – iOS 10.2.
- Make sure that you take a complete backup of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using iTunes.
- Ensure that your device has enough battery level for the jailbreak process to complete.
This is the first release candidate, so we would recommend readers to wait to get feedback before trying it yourself. If you’re new to jailbreaking then we would recommend waiting for MobileSubstrate and Cydia compatible with iOS 11 to be released first, and a jailbreak that pre-installs Cydia. Please do not install Cydia from unknown resources. We’ll keep you posted as soon as we have any further updates. If you’re brave and want to still give it a shot, then follow the step-by-step tutorial below.
Step-by-Step Tutorial to Jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 using LiberiOS Jailbreak
Here are the 5 easy steps you can follow to jailbreak iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 using LiberiOS jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
Step 1: Download LiberiOS Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor
Do not download LiberiOS from mirror sites, as they could include malwares.
Step 2: Install/Sideload LiberiOS IPA using Cydia Impactor
Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the computer with the Lightning cable to sideload the LiberiOS IPA file.
If you hit provision.cpp:168′ error while trying to sideload LiberiOS IPA, then check our post on how to fix the issue.
Step 3: Trust Developer Profile
Once LiberiOS jailbreak is successfully sideloaded. Launch the Settings app, and navigate to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Management (in some iOS versions it may just be General > Device Management).
Tap on the profile associated with the LiberiOS jailbreak app. Tap on Trust and confirm it.
Step 4: Run Jailbreak Process
Launch the LiberiOS Jailbreak app from the Home screen, and tap Do it button to start the jailbreak process.
Step 5: Wait for Jailbreak to Complete
After some time, you should get the screen which should inform you that “It worked”, indicating that the jailbreak was successful.
Congrats, your device is now jailbroken! If the jailbreak fails then you can report it on his forum.
How Does Semi-Untethered Jailbreak Work?
This is a semi-untethered jailbreak, which means that when your device restarts, the jailbreak will be disabled. You cannot use any jailbreak tweaks you installed and Cydia will crash when launched. To re-jailbreak, simply open the LiberiOS jailbreak app and perform the jailbreak again. Your device will then go back to the jailbroken state.
When Does the LiberiOS Jailbreak App Expire & How Do I Renew It?
If you are installing the LiberiOS app with a free Apple Developer account, it will expire after 7 days. So you have to re-install it via Cydia Impactor to extend it for another 7 days. The steps are the same as outlined above. Also note that you need the LiberiOS Jailbreak app only when you want to re-jailbreak your device after rebooting your iOS device, so even if it expires, the jailbreak will remain as is.
How to Fix iOS Issues That Happened During Jailbreaking?
So how do you use iMyFone iOS System Recovery Tool to fix the issues that happened during your jailbreaking. Here are some simple instructions:
(1) Download and install iMyFone iOS System Recovery tool onto your computer from the iMyFone official download center. And then connect your device to your computer.
(2) Open the application, then click the Start button and you will see what the program can do for you. Click Start to begin the fixing process.
(3) Choose the firmware that is appropriate for your device, then click Download.
(4) You will see a progress bar that shows you how much of the firmware is being downloaded.
(5) Now just wait while iMyFone iOS System Recovery Tool automatically fixes the problem on your device.
(6) Your device should now automatically reboot.
If this doesn’t fix the problem, you might be facing hardware issues and should contact Apple.
You have many different options for jailbreaking your phone, some easier than others. The one thing that you should keep in mind, though, is that these are obviously not official applications, so you will always be taking a risk. If something happens to your device, though, there’s no need to worry—just use iMyFone iOS System Recovery Tool and your device will be back in working order.