Every Android user needs to know about Magisk Root. It is a very important app every Android user should try. It is a rooting app for Android devices. Magisk Root helps to user to be the real owner of their Android devices. This is a third-party service. Rooting can be defined as customizing the operating system of an Android device. After this customizing, the user can do all the things with their Android devices as their wish.
What are the situations you need Magisk Root?
Android devices have their own operating system to process their operations. All the processes are controlled by the operating system. Sometimes this original operating system doesn’t allow some apps to process because of the safety issues. In such situations, the user can use those apps by rooting the original operating system. Magisk Root is the best way to do that. After this rooting, the user can install and use that kind of apps without any issue. But some apps don’t work for rooted operating systems. Then the user has to unroot the root. With Magisk Root, the user can do it easily.
What is the technology behind Magisk Root?
Most of the rooting apps work under one technology. They do their root by changing the details of the original operating system. After this normal rooting, the user can do most of the things as their wish. But if the user wants to unroot the root, the user cannot do it. Because the details of the original system got changed. So in such situation, the user gets stuck with this. If a user used Magisk Root for their root, he can unroot the Magisk Root. It does their root by hiding the original operating system. If the user wants to use the original operating system, he or she can so hide the Root and use the original system. Magisk Root is the best rooting app for Android devices.
How to Install Magisk on Android Phones
Download: Magisk for Android (v15.3)
TWRP Recovery method: (requires working TWRP installed on the phone)
1. Download Magisk zip file (link above) and transfer it to your device’s storage.
2. Now Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
3. In the TWRP recovery, make a complete Nandroid backup of your device.
4. Now, tap on Install button and select the Magisk zip file. Swipe to confirm the flash. Once Magisk is flashed, reboot the device.
ADB method: (Patching the stock boot image)
1. Download the latest Magisk Manager APK (link above) to your phone and install it.
2. Get stock boot image file for your phone (it should be corresponding to the firmware installed on your device) and save it on your phone’s storage.
Note: You can get stock boot.img file by unzipping factory images. For Google Pixel and Nexus devices, grab it from respective factory images.
3. Open the Magisk Manager app, tap on Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File, and select the boot image file you have saved on your phone.
The Magisk Manager app will patch the stock boot image and save the ‘patched_boot.img’ in the ‘MagiskManager’ folder.
4. Copy and paste the patched boot img file in to the ADB folder on your PC.
5. Open command window inside ADB folder, connect your phone to your PC and enter the command ‘
adb reboot bootloader’ to boot into bootloader mode.
6. Now, type below command and hit Enter key:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
7. Once done, type the below command and hit Enter key to reboot the phone:
You have successfully installed Magisk root on your device.
How to Remove Root Traces of Magisk from Android Phone
Root access gives full access to every part of the system, so you can make any changes on your phone. While rooting removes all restrictions and gives administrator privileges over your phone, it will also prevent using apps like Android Pay, banking, commercial media streaming, etc. To use these apps, you need to remove root from your phone.
Unrooting your Android phone is fairly a simple process, but it requires little care, otherwise you will make life difficult for yourself. With this guide, you will be able to remove root from your phone. This works with all rooting methods – SuperSU, Magisk, LineageOS addonsu, etc.
Created by the XDA member ‘Osm0sis’, the ‘unSU Script’ lets you unroot your Android phone with ease. All you need to flash the zip file via TWRP recovery. Her is how it is.
1. Download ‘unSU Script zip’ file from XDA [here] and save it on your phone
2. Reboot your phone into TWRP custom recovery.
3. In TWRP, tap on ‘Install’ button, navigate to unSU Script zip and swipe to flash it.
4. Wait for the process to complete, after that reboots your phone.
Now, root access will not be available on your phone. This script unroot SuperUser, ROM su binaries, SuperSU Systemless, phh’s Superuser, Magisk and LineageOS addonsu.
Note: To completely remove all traces of the systemless root you will need to flash a different, unrooted boot.img, likely the default one that came with the ROM (Source – XDA)